Black Rice is a type of the rice species which is glutinous, packed with high level of nutrients and mainly cultivated in Asia. The pericarp (outer part) of the kernel of this rice colour is black due to a pigment known as anthocyanin, an antioxidant. Black rice is also known as purple rice, forbidden rice, heaven rice, imperial rice, king’s rice and prized rice. Many people assume this rice as a panacea of many culinary diseases because of its high nutritive value and curative effect. This rice is supposed to enhance the longevity of life, hence it is also known as long life rice.
A strain of rice that has currency as both a food and medicine. It owes its dark colour to the high concentration of anthocyanins, which are potent antioxidants. It is regarded as a ‘superfood’ that may lower the risk of cancer due to its high concentrations of fibre, B vitamins, thiamine,, vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, iron, and zinc.
Health benefits :
- Protects Heart Health: It is reported that black rice reduces dangerous atherosclerotic plaque formation within the arteries, which is essential for keeping arteries clear as well as avoiding heart attacks and stroke.
- Reduces Stroke Risk Levels in Women: An expansive Swedish survey was coordinated among women at Karolinska Institute led to a conclusion that diets that are comprised with foods rich in antioxidants result in lower risk levels of stroke
- Detoxifies the Body: Lots of researches have demonstrated that black rice consumption can help to detoxify the body and cleanse the liver of harmful toxic build up.
- Reduces Risk of Diabetes: it is reported that replacing about two servings a week of white rice with the same amount of black rice would lower diabetes risk by 16 %
- Reduces Cancer Growth: the anthocyanins content in black rice reduces the risk of cancer.
- Enhances Hair Growth: In India and some other Asian countries, homemade fermented black rice water is utilized to wash hair. Black rice water provides antioxidants and nutrition for protection of scalp and hair. Black rice provides biotin, Vitamin B along with other proteins necessary for hair growth
Applications and uses of black rice:
- Black Rice Flour
- Black rice extract is an excellent natural food coloring dye.
We truly appreciate your time filling out required details below to understand your request.